Friday, November 1, 2013

organized baby


Lately I've been working on baby proofing and organizing- I find an organized home is much easier to child proof. I have delusions of being the second coming of Martha Stewart (minus all those pesky legal issues) but in reality my home making skills are probably only a notch or two above Peg Bundy.

Having a semi organized home helps me keep my sanity (I detest clutter... although it isn't always obvious). Enter my current bffs- baskets, trays, and empty cabinets.


Rather than put locks on the cabinets, we decided to put our cleaning products out of reach- the basket helps the assortment of cleaners look more presentable... but here is my moment of pure genius- I left the cabinet under the sink empty, so when I want to spruce up the countertops it is as simple as moving a basket... come to think of it, now there is room for Justin's espresso maker too (I hate having two coffee making devices on the counter! As an aside, once in an organizing frenzy, I attempted to hide the toaster in a cabinet... Justin was not impressed).

Next up is my buddy the tray:


This helps keep the girls' formula, snacks, and face wipes corralled. There is also a super cute anthropologie bowl I received from Amanda that houses pacifiers and teethers. Our supply of pacifiers has dwindled, but I refuse to buy more, as I am half attempting to wean Audrey from them... If one is sitting around she will use it, but doesn't protest if it is taken away, so I figure out of sight out of mind (but easy for mom and dad to find in case of emergency).

Now for keeping bath time tidy:


When the girls used their infant tub, I stored all of their bath time paraphernalia in there. When they outgrew there tub I was in need of a new storage solution. This inexpensive laundry basket fit the bill- it is large enough to fit all their toys, plus can be hosed off in the event their baby wash leaks. The sink under the bathroom counter is also nearly empty, so the basket can be stored there if need be.

I don't have a picture of my final storage solution as I was going to risk waking the girls by snapping pics in their room, but if you go back to their closet post you can get a visual. Their top shelf in the closet houses diapers, wipes, and keepsakes... I figured why not add snacks? I purchased several puffs, but our pantry is full of other things that need to be immediately accessible (important stuff, like candy) so I decided to store them in the closet... Not the best long term solution, but it works for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment