Tuesday, August 12, 2014

random cuteness and favorite baby clothes

The girls have been up to all sorts of cute things lately:

-This weekend when we were driving home, Claire randomly started tickling her own feet, we noticed because she said "ticka ticka ticka".

-When the girls want to play outside, they go up to the patio door and say "wheee".

-Audrey loves to share with Claire- she gives her food, sippy cups, pacifiers, you name it.

-This morning, Claire took Audrey's hand and led her all around the house, it was adorable!

We had family pictures over the weekend, once again Amanda did a fabulous job! Here is a sneak peek:



And now that I am an experienced baby clothes shopper, I thought I would share a few of my favorites.

1. Hanna Andersson is hands down my absolute favorite. I think people close to me probably get sick of hearing me talk about my obsession! But seriously, the fabric is awesome quality, it washes and wears incredibly well. The sizing is crazy too- the girls fit into it forever! Claire is still wearing dresses from last summer. The only downside is that it is pricey- a set of pajamas runs about $40 and the site rarely offers free shipping. I'm hoping to scope out the sale section the next time we go to the city and also stock up during their Black Friday sale (jammies are half price then). I've also had some good luck on ebay- I've been able to get dresses from $5-$10.

2. Tea Collection has the most beautiful printed dresses. The girls have a handful of these dresses that I've scored at rummage sales and once upon a child. These dresses also wash quite well- the fabric is thick, but not quite as durable as HA. Thankfully it is fairly easy to find these dresses on sale- right now their website has a few choices for $15.

3. Baby Gap- this is where I find most of my bargains! Sign up for their emails to catch the best sales! I've found that my local store tends to have better prices than online, so it pays to stop by every so often. My favorite time to buy is when you get an extra 40% off clearance. I recently picked up some jeans for Claire for about $5 a pair, which is less than what they sell for at OUAC! I'm a bit mad at myself over that purchase though, there was a gap cash promotion going on- in the past I was awarded gap cash for the amount I spent pre-discount, but this time you actually needed to spend $50 to get the promotion (for those not familiar, you get $25 off a $50 purchase with gap cash). The only downside of the gap cash is that it can't be combined with other % off promotions. My way around this is to scope out the clearance section and only buy from there- that way I still get a double discount.

4. Target- some of the girls' most adorable clothes are from Target. I've found that these clothes tend to wear a bit quicker than the other brands I've discussed. My way to counteract this is to only buy things when they are 50-70% off. Most of the items I've picked up at Target have been $5 or less.



No comments:

Post a Comment