Saturday, September 27, 2014

choo choo!

I picked up some new toys for the girls at our MOM rummage sale last night. My top finds included a Pottery Barn Kids dollhouse, wooden train set, and automoblox.

I have been on the hunt for a dollhouse for the girls for months now- in fact I even tried to order one from amazon when it was an amazing deal, but it never shipped. The PBK was on my radar, but to fully outfit it would cost a small fortune. Thankfully I was able to score a gently used one at the sale for a steal! We still need a few accessories for it (bathroom, living room, master bedroom, dining room chairs) but it will be another year until the girls play with it, so I will keep my eyes peeled for sales.

Next up was the wooden train set- this is the biggest hit of all! I think Justin and I will both have lots of fun playing trains. It is so adorable, the girls will both say "choo choo" as they push the train along the tracks. When it goes down the hill, they say "weee". I'm all about toys that can be added to- a few organizational tips I have read say to limit your kids' toys to a few really fun sets (i.e. kitchen, legos, trains, dollhouse, little people etc.) that you can build on vs buying lots of random smaller toys. I think this is a great idea! (The organizational gurus probably recommended only having 1-2 big sets versus all of the above, but I digress). I need to find some sort of train storage solution- we have an awesome play table that the girls received as a gift that is the perfect base for train tracks. I want to find some sort of baskets/bins that can be housed underneath the table.

The automoblox are super cool too- I hadn't heard of them before last night, but if you have kids you need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment