Saturday, September 13, 2014

what's cooking


My favorite part about the temperatures cooling down is that I start baking again. We avoid using the stove and oven during the summer and primarily use the crockpot and grill. This past week I have made all sorts of things that have been waiting on my Pinterest boards. 

This morning the girls and I enjoyed Cheddar and Green Onion Grits (yum!). Justin refused to try them, but that just means there will be more for us tomorrow. I mean seriously, look at how happy Audrey is.


Earlier in the week we dined on Cheddar Stuffed Herb-Crusted French Bread (don't you just love my food names?) and Tomato Basil Soup. Claire was not impressed with the Bread (which was amazingly delicous) but she thoroughly enjoyed the soup. 


For a quick lunch, we had spinach and feta grilled cheese- Audrey was especially fond of this lunch. I'll have to repeat it again. I'm not a huge salad fan, so I will make Spinach and Parmesan Orzo in the next couple of days to finish up the spinach.

Last night I made Ham and Cauliflower Mac and Cheese- this was a big hit with the girls. It was good, but not quite as delicious as the Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Prosciutto and Creme Fraiche that I made a month or so ago.

Later this week I plan on making Potatoes Dauphinoise (which from what I gather is a fancy name for scalloped potatoes). Sign me up for anything with copious amounts of heavy cream and butter.

I did have a flop though- I attempted to make pumpkin scones and it turned into a mushy mess. I believe that my main error was frosting it before it completely cooled down. I have pumpkin muffins that I have made several times with great success (and are much easier than the scones) so I may add the glaze and frosting recipe to the muffins next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment