Monday, May 20, 2013

snippets

Wow, I have definitely become one of those bloggers that stops posting after the babies arrive! I have a goal of posting once a week- I am only on month one of their baby books (oops) so I need to document the happenings somewhere so I don't forget!

Here is what we have been up to lately... the major events deserve their own posts, but those might come later:

-The girls and I had a fabulous shower hosted by Amanda and Denise- they really went all out with food and decorations! The cake was fabulous and they had lots of cute little touches. You are just going to have to believe me when I say it was great because I forgot to take pictures!

-Audrey and Claire were baptized on Mother's Day- lots of family came to celebrate. It was a really special day because all of the grandmas and great-grandmas were there. Claire and Audrey got to meet Great Grandma Marilyn and Great Grandma Verna for the first time. They also got to meet a lot of Church friends that had only seen pictures.

-Audrey and Claire have started to sleep through the night! It isn't consistent yet, but they have slept from 8 pm to 6 am. Last night they woke up at 4 am for a bottle and then again at 8 am, but I was able to put them back in their cribs so I could shower (and blog). Claire is awake and talking now, but she sounds happy... so I will keep updating as long as I can!

-In March I was hospitalized for postpartum psychosis- my unsolicited advice for any moms to be is to know the symptoms of postpartum depression (you might not actually feel depressed, I never did) and share the list with family members. It was a scary experience, but Justin and I like to look at the positive... and there were definitely a few good things that came out of the whole ordeal.

-Audrey and Claire love the stroller! We go on walks as often as possible- usually at least once a day. It feels good to get fresh air and gives Justin and I a break because the girls usually fall asleep in the stroller.

-Claire and Audrey love to shop! (Ok, maybe they just really love their stroller....) My mom and I went to the mall and had about a 3.5 hour shopping expedition- the girls hardly made a peep. They received many compliments on what nice shoppers they were... I am sure there will be wild days ahead of us, but I enjoy how portable the girls are now!

-Justin's sister and cousin both graduated the Saturday before Mother's Day, so the babes got to meet Aunt Katelyn and their paternal great aunts and uncles. We went out to eat twice on Saturday (their first times in a restaurant) and they did great- it probably helped that there were lots of people wanting to hold them!

-Audrey and Claire have started to use the exersaucer and bumbo and love them both. It is so fun to watch them bat at the toys on the exersaucer. They don't have excellent head control yet, so play time is limited to about 10 minutes or so, but it will be fun when they are big enough to play longer.

-Claire and Audrey are both little snuggle bugs. Claire is a little bit more cuddly than Audrey, but both girls are very content to be held. I try hold them as often as possible, because soon they will be running around!

-The girls have outgrown most of their newborn clothes (sniffle). I can still fit Claire in a few newborn tops, but for the most part they are in 0-3 months. It is a good thing we love to shop! A few weeks ago the Mothers of Multiples club I belong to had a rummage sale and I was able to pick up quite a few pretty things for the girlies.

2 comments:

  1. I like your updates so I feel like I know the girls! Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those girls did better than great when they were at the restaurant - they were super great. Considering all the noise that was going on and strange people holding them they were super. And anytime you can get two babies and yourselves ready to go out with just a 1/2 hour advance warning you are amazing. It was great to get a chance to get to meet the girls and of course to see you and Justin too!

    ReplyDelete