Sunday, September 23, 2012

weekend updates

Justin was away salmon fishing this weekend, so my parents came up to keep me company and get a few projects scratched off the to do list.

Up first was the mothers of multiples twice as nice sale- since I am a MOM-to-be, I was allowed to shop the night before it was open to the general public. Here are a few of my finds:




Avery checking out the toys



 I think I did really well at the sale. I was allowed to bring a guest, so my mom came with me. It was great because we were able to divide and conquer. The sale was held at a church, so there were lots of rooms to check out. We still don't know the genders of the babies, so I just bought some boy stuff and some girl stuff... if I end up not needing all of the clothes, I'm sure I will have someone to pass them on to.

Speaking of clothes... my cousin Angie gave me a bunch of baby hangers- I can't wait to start filling them up.





I think Justin and I will wait until Black Friday to do any clothes shopping- Baby Gap usually has 40-50% off everything that day, so it will be the perfect time to stock up. There are also usually good deals on the Carter's sleep and plays- I think the twins will primarily wear the footed sleepers in the beginning and my rummage sale experience has taught me that Carter's is the brand to go with- they are so much softer than some of the other brands and seem to hold up really well.

I think I've mentioned on the blog before that our families like to spoil us... but here is more evidence. My cousin Amanda picked up this adorable sailor dress:


Amanda will definitely have to use this dress in a photo shoot! I think my mom saved a sailor outfit that my brother had, so if we do have a boy and a girl, they can both have cute sailor outfits :)

My aunt Nancy and cousins Angie and Haylee got me these awesome LUSH bath products:

I have been wanting to try the LUSH products for a while now, and they are amazing! So far the soap is my favorite- my skin felt so soft after using it. I thought the card was adorable too- hopefully Amanda can take a similar picture with the twins when they are older (I'm pretty sure I've already told her this, but Amanda has been hired as the family photographer).

My mom went to a quilt show on Friday and picked up fabric for another baby quilt:



She will be making a few quilts to keep at her house, but I told her that this one definitely has to live with me! I love that the quilt will have touches of whimsy, but isn't overly baby-ish, so the twins can use it for years to come. It also goes quite nicely with my decor, which is a definite bonus!

In between all of the fun shopping, we my dad had time to cross one of the projects off of the to-do list. He installed a glass storm door. It looks great and lets tons of natural light in- we will definitely get a lot of use out of it. I'm glad my dad is patient, because this was one of those projects that looks a lot easier than it actually is.

4 comments:

  1. So glad the dress made it onto the blog! :) and I love love love the new quilt kit, I'm actually obsessed with those giraffes. Can't wait to do some photos!! We should do some maternity photos also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The giraffes are adorable! Michael (we're on a first name basis now) has a really cute bird print too, I can't remember the name, but it is part of the citron gray collection. Maternity pics are a great idea- I bet we could take some really cool ones at your house/maybe even in the woods!

      Delete
  2. I have some of the bird print in black and white. :) just waiting for the perfect project...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls are going to be so spoiled! Did my mom tell you that she is going to make a mobile? I showed her one on etsy and she thought she would be able to recreate it :)

      Delete