Wednesday, July 31, 2013

earning my good housekeeping seal of approval

Tonight, for the first time I can ever recall, I was able to make chocolate chip cookies without it being premeditated. I am on a quest to lose the last 10 pregnancy pounds (because in 3 more months it doesn't count as baby weight, just regular weight) so I have rid my house from the normal stash of oreos (don't worry, I can get my fix when I visit Grandma Helen). Anyways, I was desperate for a sweet treat... I had a few plain chocolate chips, and even thought about concocting a mixture of chocolate chips, peanut butter, and cheerios... Staring in the cupboard, I realized I had flour, brown sugar, and regular sugar. A quick check of the fridge showed I had both butter and eggs (thankfully Justin's parents had visited us recently- that is pretty much the only time we have eggs just because). Thanks to my coworkers recent (within the past two years, anyways) trip to Mexico, I have a lifetime supply of vanilla. The only wild card was baking soda... it took some digging, but I spotted that rectangular orange box in all of its glory.

To add to the excitement, I was able to have raw cookie dough in over a year! That was the hardest thing for me to give up during pregnancy- wine? No big deal. Luncheon meat? Sold. But cookie dough??? Seriously, how much harm could a tiny bit of raw egg have anyways... but not wanting to take the risk, I abstained. Besides, my Grandma Verna always said raw cookie dough would give you worms (although my cousins and I all had copious amounts of it growing up, and I have yet to hear of any of us ever suffering from that ailment) and I had more serious complications to worry about (remember my pupps??)

Anyways, time to enjoy my cookies while they are still warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment