Monday, July 1, 2013

are they identical?

Here is a sampling of the most interesting comments and questions I've received about the girls over the past few weeks... for your reading pleasure, I've also included the thoughts that run through my head when receiving commentary from strangers.

Are they identical? Umm do you even know what identical means? They don't look anything alike!

Typical boy and girl the boy is so much bigger than the girl. Hmm... This would make a lot more sense if Audrey wasn't wearing a pink dress...

Did you plan on having twins? Sure I just told my body "hey I only want to do this pregnancy thing once so make sure you give me twins" 

Are they natural? Nope they aren't even real... Just very lifelike dolls.

Are they your only children? (Asked when Justin and I are both out and about with the girls) Naw... We have another one at home... He just isn't as cute so we don't let him out of the house.

You've got your hands full, kiddo. This comment is twofold... We'll start with "kiddo"- the person making the comment was only 10-15 years my senior... If it was a sweet little old lady, I would find the term endearing. The girls certainly haven't been a handful out in public... I strap Claire in the ergo and put Audrey in  the basket (yes in, not balancing dangerously on top) of the shopping cart and I navigate those isles like nobody's business. Wait until I have two screaming toddlers and mashed up bananas and cheerios in my hair...

Are they twins, or just siblings? Umm... I'm not sure how that would be biologically possible... Justin said the lady probably thought I was the babysitter or was borrowing a friend's kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment