Wednesday, August 21, 2013

style file


Believe it or not, I feel like becoming a mom has made me more stylish. I'm willing to be more of a risk taker- when I'm out with the girls, nobody is really looking at me, and when I am at work, everyone knows about my two little ladies, so any fashion faux pas can be played off as sleep deprivation.

Dress from American Eagle (I rarely shop there, but it pays to check out all of the stores from time to time), necklace is from a boutique called Lillian's, shoes are DV Jude (from piperlime last year- Justin got a boat, I got shoes... It seemed like a fair trade at the time) and Tory Burch purse is my anniversary gift (there is a back story, but that is a tale for another day).


I am also loving a bold lip these days. Justin isn't the biggest fan, but I think it is cute! If I am delusional and it actually looks bad, feel free to leave an anonymous comment :)

At any rate, I am having fun playing around with my look- in my teenage years I would try different looks, often with varying degrees of success. In 7th grade, I was channeling my idol du jour Cher (from clueless, not the singer- I'm not that old) and wore high heeled loafers, knee high socks, a grey mini skirt, and a blue short sleeved turtleneck (seriously, unless you burned yourself with the curling iron or have major akin issues, what is the point of a short sleeved turtleneck? Unfortunately this one made the rounds, and is forever documented in my 7th grade picture and one of my younger cousin Kelci's school pictures. Come to think of it, I also wore a short sleeved turtle neck for my 5th grade picture- and yes, if my brain retained useful information as well as it did random factoids I would totally be Amex black card wealthy). Anyways... needless to say my little ensemble in a sea of silvertabs, dr martins, and abercrombie wasn't the hippest look ever. And who could forget my beloved clown shoes? The thing about fashion is that it is always evolving- if I'm not cringing at my statement necklace and pleated dress in 15 years, Claire and Audrey most certainly will! I think the point of my whole soliloquy is wear what you love and what brings you joy- even if others (including your future self) laugh at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment