Saturday, October 5, 2013

tea time

I had the opportunity to attend the 11th annual country tea.. I'm not sure why I missed the first decade- this is certainly a can't miss event!



The first course was Welsh rarebit- it was a heavenly piece of cheesy deliciousness. I did some googling and making this dish appears to be within my skill set so I think I will try recreate it.

Next up was assorted tea sandwiches and savories. The pineapple and walnut was my favorite.


Then we enjoyed scones and crumpets with an out of this world key lime curd... I could have ate that stuff by the spoonful!


And the best part- the desserts!


I enjoyed a mini toffee-apple pie, chocolate raspberry tartlet, biscotto al cioccolato and rum cake. We all know what a chocolate fiend I am, but surprisingly the rum cake was my favorite- I even had seconds!

For beverages we enjoyed veuve cliquot brut (love love love!) and babington's royal blend black tea- I've always been a champagne person, but after last night I just may become a tea person too!

The girls were also in attendance (along with their buddy Cameron). They did quite well entertaining themselves in their high chairs. It is hard to believe, but next year they will be old enough to dine with us at the tea party!




This is the most exciting Friday night I've had in ages! Plus I was able to relive the experience (minus the champagne and rarebit) this morning as Donna sent home goodie bags for the men. Luckily my husband likes to share (what can I say ladies, I know how to pick 'em)... He even gave me 75% of the tartlet... If that isn't true love, I'm not sure what is.

Visit thelittlestcookie.blogspot.com for Amanda's review of the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment