Sunday, October 13, 2013

baby closet

The girls' closet has undergone some serious tlc lately. 3 weeks ago, I kicked Justin out of their closet and moved him into mine (eek after 6 years of marriage we are finally sharing a closet!). 

One step was to conquer all the headbands and barrettes the girls have acquired. I took to Pinterest and was loving some options using ribbon, an old picture frame, and hot glue but wanted something that didn't require leaving the house. An oatmeal container was suggested, but the one I had was full of oats and too narrow to fit the headbands.  I remembered a votive holder I purchased at target ages ago that didn't really work anywhere... Woohoo for resourcefulness!


Headbands, dresses, and shoes oh my! The Rubbermaid bin on the upper shelf contains clothes that the girls have outgrown that I am saving (like their coming home from the hospital outfits and ruffle dresses). The 3 drawer cart houses socks, hats, and tights. The fabric bins hold extra blankets and a few miscellaneous items. The bin on the shoe rack is home to socks that are worn with shoes... Yes, I have socks separated by those that are worn with and without shoes.


Once a second hanging rack is installed, the closet will be perfect! I'm excited to have clothes on hangers instead of shoved in drawers. I colorized their clothes, but am reconsidering and may organize by color type and garment.

And yes, I am a nerd that spends way too much time organizing closets... Before the girls arrived, I would colorized Grandma Verna's clothes and put together outfits... Sometimes the busy staff at the nursing home would put together ensembles that were not "Laura approved". Our time during recent visits have been busy snuggling with the girls, but perhaps next time I visit her closet will get the 5 minute fix...





1 comment:

  1. Aren't we all lucky that rooms have doors that shut. You to keep the girls out & me because I seldom make my bed. (only when the sheets are washed

    ReplyDelete