Friday, February 1, 2013

our very own babies r us

We have set up most of our baby gear and our home is definitely starting to resemble a Babies R Us!

Here is our family room that has part of our baby gear collection (believe it or not we have another bouncer and a rock n play sleeper upstairs). You can see the top of the console table (where the box of kleenex is)... that has drawers that house diapers, portable changing pads, burp cloths, and quilts. I think it will be easiest to do most of the diaper changes upstairs on the changing table, but I like to be prepared! The other side of the family room has another bouncer, and might eventually house the playard.


We used to have a chair where the bassinet is, but moved that to our bedroom so I will have a quiet spot for feedings. 

On the nightstand I have a few burp cloths and a basket for some essentials like lip balm and snacks. I need to add a coaster to the feeding station, but luckily I already own some that will work. We bought this chair a few years ago and I'm so glad that we bought the ottoman! We had debated about it for a while, but decided to go ahead and get it- it will definitely be a great purchase. I'm glad that we are able to repurpose a chair that we already own instead of buying something new- we looked at some of the nice gliders that are meant for nurseries, but they were $600+ and have such a short life span (plus I think our chair is much cuter).

I have shown a picture of the girls' bookshelf before, but their book and toy collection has definitely expanded!

I'm really excited about their bunnies- (the second bunny lives on a floating shelf above the bookshelf) they are very similar to a bunny I received as a gift when my brother was born. I was never a huge stuffed animal person, but I loved my bunny!

We have pretty much everything ready for the girls- the only thing left is some artwork above the changing table, but we're waiting on that- we are thinking we might want to use a photo from their newborn session or some sort of alphabet artwork that incorporates their names.


1 comment:

  1. Hi LAURA,
    Wow, you look great...we can really see the changes during the past five weeks. Congratulations on your progress. We are looking forward to February 4th.

    Zonia & Lynette

    ReplyDelete