Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Twin Term!

 We have made it to 37 weeks which is considered term for twins. I'm hopeful that the girls will be good listeners and be content staying put until Monday... my doctor has a lot of experience with twins, so if I am able to make it until my induction date I will have her for sure. 

I had another Biophysical Profile today- the girls passed once again. They'll have one more BPP on Friday, and then we are done with appointments until induction day. 

23 weeks, when I though my belly was huge
37 weeks (measuring 50) when my belly actually is huge

How far along? 37 weeks

Total weight gain? Another 2 pounds- my doctor said that I am retaining some fluid (and holy smokes, I can tell that from the belly comparison picture that my face has definitely swollen a little bit... hopefully my cheek bones will reappear shortly after delivery!) The nurses have told me at each appointment that I'm all belly/all baby, but after seeing the photographic evidence of me now versus 14 weeks ago, I've determined that they are all a bunch of liars :)

 Maternity clothes? Yes- and only about 5 tops fit properly.

Stretch marks? No new ones.

Sleep? I'm awoken by my bladder about once every hour. Then I usually lay in bed for a few minutes and do a cost benefit analysis to determine if it is worth hoisting myself out of bed. I usually decide that it is worth getting up and the cycle repeats throughout the night. Thankfully in between bathroom breaks I sleep quite well.

 Miss anything? I haven't been able to do it for months, but I am looking forward to being able to bend at the waist again. 

Cravings? Milk and cookies and chocolate chip malts

Aversions? Not really.
       
Symptoms? Swelling is my only current symptom, however my blood pressure is still good, so the only thing it impacts is my vanity :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it is just the angle your face is at ;) It is so nice to be counting the days now instead of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete