Thursday, September 27, 2012

half baked

We are now at the official halfway point of pregnancy. If the babies don't come on their own (average twin pregnancies last 35 weeks, I'm hoping to make it to 37) they will be evicted at 38 weeks. I can't believe how quickly the past 19 weeks have gone by! It is crazy to think that 19 weeks from now we will be holding our little girls.



Paxton wanted to be in the picture too


How far along? 19 weeks

Total weight gain? Another two pounds. At my appointment with the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor he asked if I had been able to eat... clearly he hadn't looked at my chart. I would imagine that a 20+ pound weight gain would indicate that I am well-nourished :) 

 Maternity clothes? I have started to wear some maternity clothes- I am loving maternity jeans, but have been struggling with dress pants. For work I have continued to wear the be band with my regular pants... I know I should just break down and order some from gap maternity, but I'm not too excited about spending $70 on a pair of pants I'll only wear for a few months.

 Stretch marks? I am still stretch-mark free... hopefully it stays that way!

Sleep? I've been sleeping incredibly well lately- I hope it continues! The pillow barricade has done wonders.

Miss anything? At least 25% of my wardrobe no longer fits... I miss a lot of my form fitting shirts! I feel like I've been wearing a lot of the same things each week. I'm going to revisit my closet this weekend and try come up with some fresh outfits.

Cravings? Skittles, Wild Cherry Pepsi. I had been avoiding caffeine the first trimester, but now I will occasionally have a can of caffeinated pop. Research suggests keeping caffeine consumption to 200 mg per day- I usually allow myself 2 cans per day, so I'm keeping my total to about 80 mg per week which seems like a good compromise.
 
Aversions? Just pork chops.
 
Symptoms? Last night I fell asleep watching TV at 8:00, but most of my family and friends would report that me falling asleep has nothing to do with pregnancy. It is the strangest thing- I can be watching a good tv show or movie, but sleep will take precedence. In high school my friends would come over to watch movies a lot and I would regularly fall asleep during the halfway point... in fact the only movie that I was able to stay awake for was Blue Crush.

3 comments:

  1. The falling asleep watching TV is a familial thing - you inherited it from your mother!

    ReplyDelete