Saturday, January 19, 2013

35 Weeks

We are coming into the home stretch! My induction is scheduled for February 4th- the girls could always have plans of their own, but I'm hoping they listen and make it all the way to 38 weeks.

Justin and I had Lamaze yesterday and today- we didn't learn anything too earth-shattering, but it was a good experience to have. The main takeaway that Justin learned was that we should keep towels in our vehicles in case my water breaks unexpected. I learned that I should get lots of backrubs/massages during labor.... and the instructor mentioned practicing the massage techniques everyday- sounds like a good plan to me :)

How far along? 35 weeks

Total weight gain? Up 3 pounds- but at my appointment last week I was down 2, so I think some of it is just fluctuations versus true weight gain. I should be able to keep my weight gain within the recommended range (or at least within 5 pounds of it).

 Maternity clothes? Yes... and some of the shirts are getting a tad short

 Stretch marks? A few, and they really aren't too bad... just some little pink spots around my belly button.

Sleep? Not the best lately- the itchiness has been keeping me awake. I usually fall asleep for 1-2 hours, then wake up with a really strong urge to scratch and am awake for 30 minutes to an hour. Oh well, it will be good practice for when the girls need to be up every 2 hours for feedings.

 Miss anything? My high heels! It has been extra icy lately, and at Justin's urging I have traded in my heels for uggs. Although I have a few pairs that are in the 3 inch range, so depending on the weather I might be able to get a few more wears out of my cute shoes.

Cravings? Oreos and milk.
    
Aversions? Not really.
       
Symptoms? Still have the lovely PUPPPS- it was horrendous the beginning of this week, but has gotten a bit better. The last couple of days I have told myself that I cannot scratch, and I think that has helped quite a bit. Another good comfort measure is to use ice packs on the itchiest areas. As long as I wear cotton clothing and don't get overheated it is fairly manageable. I mainly struggle at work- I have a shared office and the other ladies like having the room warm (which I usually love- our building tends to be on the frigid side). Thankfully the heating system is terrible, so the temperature seems to vary a good 10 degrees or so depending on what part of the building I'm in. Several of my co-workers have jobs that take them out of the office quite a bit, so when I am feeling way too warm and itchy I find projects to work on outside of my office.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Laura! You are doing such an amazing job! You're such an awesome momma already! I'm so happy for you two! You're almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Uggs sound like an excellent idea to me!!

    Mom ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome!!! You look amazing and so energetic still!!! This is Sharon, Lindas, friend and all the Roberts tribe. Your Grandma took care of me as a baby!

    ReplyDelete