Tuesday, December 3, 2013

thanksgiving

Due to work schedules we celebrated Thanksgiving on Friday this year. It actually worked out quite well, as this way I had all day Thursday to prep.


I used my trusty dry erase board as a way to stay organized- seeing everything helped me have a game plan for getting everything cooked. 

I actually ended up doing a lot of the prep on Thursday- I did the desserts and also made the mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and sweet potatoes. I also set the table and got the serving dishes prepped on Thursday. Friday was actually quite relaxed- I only needed to prep the green beans, carrots, and stuffing and warm the items I made ahead of time up in the oven. I totally felt like I earned my good housekeeping seal of approval- everything was done within minutes of each other (which is no small feat for me) and I didn't get stressed at all.



I love having a properly set table with linens and napkin rings, but I only seem to do it for the holidays. Perhaps I'll try make it a more regular occurrence- it just elevates the whole experience with minimal effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment