Wednesday, December 4, 2013

you gotta roll with it

My kitchen linen cabinet has been the bane of my existence since moving in. It was overstuffed and just a downright disaster. I took to my trusty friend google for organizing tips, thinking perhaps there was some sort of fancy system I could pine over, but the most common solution was to roll your towels. I was skeptical, but figured worst case scenario I would waste 15 minutes, so I gave it a shot. I really should have taken a before picture, but here are the results:


Both shelves had been completely stuffed prior to my rolling. I was admiring the nearly empty shelves, but then remembered my cookbooks that had been relegated to the basement. I keep all of the cloth napkins in our guest room dresser, so I decided it would make sense for the tea lights and napkin rings to join them. For the first time ever, my cookbooks are living in the kitchen!


Even better news? I remembered the cookbook holder I bought on super clearance at target a few years back... It was a great idea in theory, but due to space constraints had to be on our highest pantry shelf... One that I need a step stool to access (most other shelves I can access by climbing on the counter... a habit I suppose I soon must break).

At any rate, I am quite pleased with the results, and  thrilled to have found an organizing solution that required no supplies.

Wow. I get really excited about this stuff. Congratulations if you've stuck with me this far... Now here are a few pics of the girls:




No comments:

Post a Comment