Wednesday, May 21, 2014

a day in the life- revisited

About a year ago, I  posted about a day in the life with twins. I thought it would be fun to revisit the topic.

7:00 am- I hear the girls stirring, but my cold has me feeling pretty exhausted. I decide to let them babble and grab another 30 minutes of sleep.

7:30 am- The girls are awake and are hangry. I tried to give them breakfast, but they want milk. They are so upset, that I even give them their sippies in their highchairs. I was afraid that they would end up throwing milk on the floor, but they were very nice and didn't bash the cups.

8:00 am- Justin is home from work. I tell him about our night and he shakes his head- it never fails, whenever he is home the girls wake up during night at least once.

8:30 am- Work on getting us all dressed and ready for they day. Sometimes I will let the girls loose in their room when I put on make-up, but they are a bit clingy, so I just do a truncated routine and put my make-up on in the kitchen.

9:00 am- Make our way to the grocery store. It is amazing how I can fit $50 worth of stuff in a tiny basket. What can I say, I have a gift.

10:00 am- Time for snacks! We all have a strawberry slushie. Reviews were mixed. I start prepping for lunch when they are occupied with their snack.




10:15- Play time! Today the girls were really into their cars and little people.

10:45- Time to start lunch. Today we enjoyed Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese with Prosciutto and Creme Fraiche.  (Disclosure- I subbed sour cream for the  creme fraiche... it wasn't available at the local grocery store, and I wasn't about to traipse across town to all of the specialty markets with toddlers in tow in hopes of finding it. Plus creme fraiche is really just sour cream with a higher fat content and fancier name).




True story, the girls have never had the mac and cheese with powdered sauce that most of us grew up on (in fact I keep some easy mac on hand for days when my work lunch options are limited). I'm sure I was offered homemade mac and cheese in my childhood, but I didn't start eating it on the regular until a few years ago.

11:45 am- Sippy cup time. I tidy up the kitchen while they are occupied.

12:00 pm- Nap time! I prep my side dish for supper tonight (it including chopping cilantro, jalapeno, green onions and mint). I finish up cleaning the kitchen and then catch up on property brothers on hgtv.

2:00 pm- Audrey is up. She is in a cuddly mood, so we hang out on the couch for a while and then go play.

3:00 pm- Claire is still asleep, so I send Audrey into their room to wake her. Audrey attempts to scale the crib- she wasn't successful, but give it a few more months. I take the girls outside to run around and swing.

3:45 pm- Back in the house. Justin wakes up and I start prepping the side dishes for supper. Alternated between tending to the girls and working on dinner.

4:30 pm- Justin tended to the grill, I chased after the girls. They tried to sneak out of the house every chance they got.

5:00 pm- Dinner is served. Grilled Thai Chicken with Fiery Noodles and Grilled Herb and Garlic Pork with San Fran Quinoa.

5:30 pm- Bath time! Audrey has a nasty diaper rash, so I load her up with diaper cream.

5:45 pm- Sippy cup time. I tidy up the kitchen while the girls work on their sippies.

6:00 pm- Time for bed and a story.

6:05 pm- Begin the nights clean-up... Make the bed, put away laundry I neglected yesterday, cleared the counters, washed dishes by hand, cleaned counters and stove, ran the dishwasher. Noticed registration renewal on the table, consider paying, but realize that I best finish cleaning up prior to sitting down.

6:25 pm- Put on my workout clothes and started my workout. Realized that tonight's video consisted of only squat thrusts and burpees... I am still feeling under the weather, so I decided that I best skip it.

6:30 pm- Workout abandoned, I but together a raspberry ginger fizz (muddled raspberries, mint, ginger, and ginger ale- it is delicious!). Begin blog post.

7:30 pm- Post is complete. Time to do my nails and relax the rest of the evening. There are some chocolate bars calling my name (because you know, I totally worked out and all).

No comments:

Post a Comment