Tuesday, May 20, 2014

weekend fun

Justin and I attended a friend's wedding over the weekend. It is hard to believe that this is only our second trip sans girls- I was speaking with my cousin and we decided that one kid free weekend a year should be mandatory. We stayed with another friend, and found ourselves having conversations about things that didn't include bowel movements and sippy cups... it was crazy! In fact the girls probably only were the topic of our conversation about 15% of the time, compared to most days when they make up about 90% of our discussion.

We had lots of fun going out to eat- I even tried sushi (well, a California roll, but progress), and we didn't have to tack on another 5% to the tip because of wayward cheerios! We don't go out to eat all that often, so it was fun trying new restaurants- in fact I had never been to any of the spots we ate at before. I usually make Justin go to Hell's Kitchen when we are in the area, but this time we were in the suburbs instead of downtown, so we skipped it. I would have had some angry men if I made them venture all the way downtown only to be met with an hour long wait.

Our friends are in the process of building a home, so we got to check out their lot and view their plans. I can't wait until it is finished- it will be beautiful. I get really excited about new homes and drove Justin crazy on our way back, spouting off all of the improvements I thought of. I think for the next couple of years our goal will be to keep the house clean (which is more of a feat than you might imagine) and then I can do some upgrades. Although I replaced our shower curtain liners today... it is embarrassing how long we had those bad boys!

Between the wedding and eating out multiple times in a day, I managed to sneak in a bit of shopping. I must say, I love, love, love that there is a Nordstrom Rack in Maple Grove. I picked up a pair of sperry's and j brand jeans (the most flattering jeans on the planet, I implore you to buy some immediately!). Anyway, it is nice to be able to just bop in and out of Maple Grove and not deal with the madness that is MOA. Between Maple Grove and Southdale, pretty much all of my shopping needs are met.

The girls stayed with my parents and had a blast- they did a lot of visiting, and even attended a retirement party. There were other kids there and the girls apparently didn't have a shy bone in their body- Audrey even stole a phone from one of the younger girls there.

The girls and I have both come down with a bit of a cold, so we've been taking it easy (they slept from 5:30 pm-8 am, with a snack at 5 am... it was glorious!). In fact I even threw in a load of laundry just now so I would stay up until a respectable time and not got to bed at 8:30. I don't go back to work until Thursday, so we've had a few outings. Today we went to Target and then to the mall play land. I love the indoor play ground- we are able to go right away in the morning when there are barely any other kids there, and they nap so well after they've had a chance to run off there energy. It was super sweet, the girls had been doing their own thing, when Audrey ran up to Claire and gave her a huge hug- such little sweethearts I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment