Wednesday, June 10, 2015

running

So I have taken up running again. Although my running is really more of a slow jog, but runners don't like to be accused of jogging, mmkay?

I have been feeling a bit disappointed with my pace (9.5-10 minute mile pace sans girls, 11-12 with the double jogger) but after a bit of reflection I realized that I hadn't even ran 1 mile last summer. Right now I am following a 10k training plan and can do 3 miles without stopping, so that is tangible progress.

I want to get faster, so I will need to put in more runs and add some speed work. I have never been particularly fast, I ran 6:30 miles in high school and 8:30 in recreational running in college (long story as to how I ended up taking that class, but that semester was pretty much the only time I exercised my entire collegiate career). If facebook is to be trusted, I ran a sub 8 minute mile in 2012. I actually remember that run well- it was at the local gym's track- with 9 laps to a mile... So the more likely story was that I counted wrong.

Anyway, I plan on running a 10k in October. My current goal is to have a sub 60 minute finish- I am sure I will develop secondary goals as my fitnes levels improve.

And because you really just come for the babies...


No comments:

Post a Comment