Saturday, January 11, 2014

weekend randoms

We ordered a play kitchen for the girls' birthday. We put it together this evening with the help of uncle Andrew. It is so adorable- I can't wait to fill it up with play food!


I didn't take a picture after we got the fridge assembled, but it is so cute! And yes, those are cookies baking in the oven. We put this together after the girls went to bed, so hopefully they enjoy it tomorrow!

I also played around with my hair. Aside from a few regrettable choices over the years, my hair has been the same since 8th grade. I received a curling wand for Christmas and gave it a go:


Here was a few hours (okay a trip to the mall) later after it had a chance to settle down:


Just ignore the horrible lighting... I prefer the look in the second picture (probably because that is closest to how I've been doing my hair for the past 15 years) but I'm going to keep practicing. It took a bit longer than the 5 seconds I usually spend on my hair, so it's not something I'll do every day, but it is nice to have options. Also, I went out to dinner with friends yesterday and had the chance to try a hot tools curling iron prior to going out- I definitely need to get my hands on one of those! Maybe for valentines day? 

And because no blog post is complete without Claire and Audrey:



No comments:

Post a Comment