Thursday, September 6, 2012

16 Weeks

Justin and I had so much fun celebrating our friends' wedding. The wedding was amazing- there was a plethora of fabulous foods. I loved the appetizers that were served during cocktail hour... my favorites were the asparagus wrapped in beef tenderloin and bruschetta. My only regret is not playing the pregnant lady card and stopping at one piece of cake.


I am happy to report that the dress I planned on wearing to the wedding fit! Justin refers to this dress as my "amish dress", but I absolutely love it. Pre-pregnancy, I wore this dress belted, but now I am able to fill it out. This dress should be in my closet for years to come.

How far along? 16 weeks

Total weight gain? If you've been reading my previous posts I bet you can guess... another 2 pounds! More interesting than my weight gain is my waist measurement- it is up a whopping 11 inches... which in my case is an increase of 45%! As long as my hips and thighs don't get nearly 50% bigger I will happily gain 2 pounds per week throughout pregnancy.

 Maternity clothes? Still in regular clothes. Some of my shirts are a bit on the short side now, but I have plently of longer tops so I should be able to continue to hold off on the maternity clothes for a while.

 Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep? Nothing worth noting- has continued to be pretty good

Miss anything? I am trying to decide if the peppercorn prime rib sandwich from Quiznos is considered deli meat... if I decide that it isn't a safe food I'm pretty sure I'll request one immediately after delivery.

Cravings? Buffalo wings, chocolate malts
 
Aversions? Pork! Otherwise I am able to eat a wider variety of foods.
 
Symptoms? I am symptom free as long as I don't over do it. Justin and I had a very busy weekend filled with shopping and socializing. I stayed up much later than I normally do, and paid for it. I made it to bed around 1:30 am after the wedding and woke up a few hours later screaming from leg pain (I even  wore fairly practical shoes to the wedding). After the leg pain subsided, the morning sickness kicked in. That was the worst I have felt the entire pregnancy. I learned my lesson and definitely won't stay up past 11:00 again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment