Sunday, September 30, 2012

nursery revisited

Now that we know we are having two girls, I have been able to make final decisions about the nursery decor.

I ordered these sheets from pottery barn kids:


The reviews have said that the sheets are somewhere in between a pink and purple... so we'll see what color they actually are when they arrive. I had though about painting the walls a soft pink, but might opt to paint them light grey instead. It is much easier to choose all the fabrics first and then find a paint color that works.

I plan on getting these curtains from west elm:

I was all ready to order them, but unfortunately we had our anatomy scan a day to late. The night before the big gender reveal they were 20% off, but when I went to order them on Tuesday the sale was over. Hopefully if I'm patient they will go on sale again... there isn't a huge rush, I just need to have the curtains before we select a paint color.

I found a crib that I love from Walmart of all places:

photo credit: younghouselove.com
There is a shortage of storage space in the nursery, so I love how there is a built in drawer! My mom really likes the crib, as it will save her from making a crib skirt with box pleats :) Originally I had loved a grey crib (also from walmart) but it went out of stock. We plan on refinishing a dresser and painting the top white and staining the bottom, so having a two tone crib will help tie everything together and add warmth to the room.

The bane of my existence has been finding a changing pad...I have found a few contenders, but I'm not sure if any of them are quite right. Once the crib sheets arrive and I know exactly what color they are it should be easier to make a decision:





The final big decision is figuring out what color to paint the rocking chair:

I'm thinking either pink or grey... again, I need to wait for the crib sheets to arrive (the should ship by October 5th... I'm going to start a countdown!). This is a project that needs to be completed before there is snow on the ground, so hopefully we have until at least the beginning of November :)

Oh, and in non-decor related news, my coworkers are planning a baby shower! I am so excited, the big day is November 7th! Apparently there is a planning committee and everything... it should be a lot of fun. The baby gear is definitely starting to pile up around here... I'll have to do a post on that soon :)




No comments:

Post a Comment