Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nursery Preview

Bits and pieces of the nursery are starting to come together. My mom has the fabric for the crib skirts- it was a bit of an accident, as the fabric I had her order for the chevron quilts was a bit too heavy... but it is the perfect weight for the crib skirts. Plus she found the fabric I wanted in quilter's cotton so all is well.



We have chevron fabric to make this pottery barn kids inspired crib skirt

The other crib skirt will be made of this polka dot fabric. I'm hoping to have box pleat crib skirts, but we'll see what my mom can whip up.

 We are going to wait on ordering sheets until the big gender reveal, but I have a few ideas floating around. There are chevron and polka dot sheets that I love... I would mix the chevron sheets with the polka dot crib skirt and vice versa.

I have found a few different curtain options that I love... most of the items are all from different stores, but I think I will just order what I like and hope that it all works together.  My plan for the nursery is to stick with a primarily grey palette- that way I don't need to worry about mixing patterns and textures. The walls, cribs, and most fabrics will be grey. Pops of color will be added with wall art/accessories.

Gender neutral option


Girly option
 I also really like the Queen Anne's Lace curtains from West Elm. They aren't quite as expensive as the ruffled curtains from pottery barn kids, so they are a good option.

I have loved this ladder bookshelf from Target for the longest time, I just haven't found a good place to put it. If my dad is able to think of a way to secure it to the wall, it will be perfect for the nursery.

I plan on staining the dresser a similar espresso color, and painting the top white, so this piece would help tie the entire room together. My plan is to have the bookshelf next to the rocking chair to create a little reading nook. It will also add some much-needed additional storage to the nursery.

The final component to the nursery preview is a rocking chair that my mom is giving us. She found a great deal on it at fun local shop.


The chair will be refinished... I'm not 100% sure what color I want, but I'm thinking of painting it yellow. We'll make the final decision after we know the gender of the twinsies. My mom will make a pad for the chair... I haven't picked the fabric out yet, but am thinking of doing something grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment