Monday, October 15, 2012

the cribs are here!

Over the weekend Justin painted and assembled the cribs- I am so lucky that he is handy! Justin has been passing along this helpful painting tip to anyone who will listen- use an extension handle for the entire job, not just the high spots. It makes painting much easier and saves your back.

 I absolutely love the cribs- they are gorgeous! Assembly wasn't too bad either. Instructions always leave something to be  desired, (I seriously think that manufacturers should be required to have how-to videos on youtube) but it was a pretty frustration free project. The benefit of having two is that the second crib was a breeze to assemble. Thanks to Justin's parents for generously purchasing the cribs for the twins- I know I've said it before, but the girls are definitely spoiled :)

Here is a glimpse at the curtains- I loved the curtains from west elm, but found these at Target for about $100 less.

This picture gives a more accurate representation of the paint color.
 At Target we found these awesome sunburst mirrors (they were even on clearance!). They will be hung over each crib... don't worry, they are fairly lightweight and Justin will make sure to hang them very securely.


One of my favorite features is the storage space that is built into the cribs!

No comments:

Post a Comment