Saturday, October 27, 2012

23 weeks

This week I had another appointment with the MFM- the babies look great! The girls both weigh 1 lb 6 oz, which is right on track with singletons at 23 weeks. Baby A was in the 55% and Baby B in the 56%, so Baby B must be just a little bit longer than her sister. I had another 3D ultrasound, so it was neat to see the girls squirming around. It was hard to get a good look at their faces, but at least they were cooperative enough to get all of the important measurements taken.

The MFM wants me to be tested for gestational diabetes at my next OB appointment. Apparently the risk of GD is higher with multiples. I'm hopeful that I will pass the test (we all know how much I love sweets!), but as far as complications go, this one is pretty manageable.

How far along? 23 weeks

Total weight gain? I'm up 8 lbs since my last MFM visit, so it seems like 2 pounds per week is my magic number. I've read that in the 3rd trimester weight gain slows to about 1 pound per week, so hopefully that is true... otherwise it looks like I might weigh 50% more than my pre-pregnancy weight by the end!

 Maternity clothes? Still wearing a combination- I am so thankful that it is legging weather!

 Stretch marks? Nope.  

Sleep? Still great... poor Justin has a bit of a cold and as been ending up on the couch though. I'm completely oblivious and don't notice that he is gone until I wake up the next morning... so lets hope my sound sleeping continues.

Miss anything? Still clothes shopping... I'm really in a shopping mood!

Cravings? Buffalo wings, caramel rolls
  
Aversions? Nope (although I still refuse to eat pork chops)
  
Symptoms? Just sore back/sore ribs... which I think is pretty par for the course at this point in pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment