Tuesday, October 30, 2012

weekend fun

My mom came to visit last Friday and brought quilts for the girls:



I absolutely love the quilts- I'm tempted to start using them myself! The fabric in each quilt is from the same collection (Michael Miller Citron Gray) but they aren't identical.

My mom and I also had the chance to get some shopping done- we found an adorable changing pad cover (my mom ordered fabric, but thought the velour material would be more comfortable for the girls). Once we get the changing pad set up I'll take a picture of that. My mom also bought me a fuzzy pink robe to bring to the hospital- Justin said that I could use the hospital-issued robe, but my mom thought I would need something a bit more comfortable (and mom's do know best!). It is very handy that my mom is about the same size as me (pre-pregnancy)... she was able to act as my robe model!

Justin was busy with another handyman project over the weekend- he assembled the bookshelf we ordered from Pottery Barn Kids:

I can't wait to completely fill up the bookshelf- the girls have a good start on their library! I read that forward-facing bookshelves encourage children to read... it could just be propaganda put out by the manufacturers of the forward-facing bookshelves, but I figured it is worth a shot!




No comments:

Post a Comment