Friday, January 25, 2013

36 weeks

Pretty soon we'll be able to start counting down in days versus weeks for the girls' arrival! I'm hoping the girls will be cooperative and wait until their induction date on the 4th to make their appearance... I really would like to have my regular doctor if at all possible.

On Tuesday we had an appointment with MFM. Baby A was measuring at 4lbs 15 ounces and Baby B was 6 lbs 6 ounces. The MFM wasn't particularly concerned with the growth discordance, but said it was something to keep an eye on, so until I deliver I will have biophysical profile (BPP) and cord doppler twice per week. The girls passed their first BPP/cord doppler today- one of the first signs of fetal distress is when they stop practice breathing, but thankfully Baby A was practice breathing during the entire exam.


How far along? 36 weeks

Total weight gain? Another 2 pounds (seriously- what happened to weight gain slowing down in the 3rd trimester?). Hopefully some of my weight gain will go right to Baby A- I would be thrilled if she could make it up to 5.5 pounds before she is born.

 Maternity clothes? Yes- my wardrobe options are quite limited these days. Oh well, shortly I will have a whole closet full of clothes that fit again. 

Stretch marks? A few, they really haven't gotten any worse.

Sleep? I'm usually up every hour or so (although last night I had a 3.5 hour stretch!) but for the most part I am able to fall back asleep quickly. I've found that it is actually good to wake up several times because if I don't get up and move around my back is extra sore the next morning.

 Miss anything? Not really- I was able to find a few pairs of lower heeled shoes in my closet so I was able to go a few days without my boring uggs.

Cravings? Most anything sweet- especially cookies (hmm... I wonder if that has something to do with my 3rd trimester weight gain...)     
 
Aversions? Not really.
       
Symptoms? I was pretty miserable on Tuesday- I didn't sleep well the night before, had a cold that made it pretty much impossible to eat (I couldn't chew and breath and the same time) and had a terrible backache. Justin had to work that night, but thankfully my dad had came to spend the night with me- it is a lot easier to be uncomfortable when someone is there to help take care of you! Luckily I was able to snap out of it by Wednesday- part of it was getting a good night's sleep and the other part was just having a positive attitude... I told myself that I won't be pregnant much longer and I could choose to whine about every little ailment or I could choose enjoy my final week and a half of pregnancy. I'm hopeful that my positive attitude philosophy will work and I'll continue to feel great until the girls arrive.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Laura! You're almost done! Me and my girls are thinking of you! We check for updates daily and Autumn goes.."Look mommy, babies in belly!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! Autumn sounds like such a little sweetheart!

      Delete