Wednesday, January 9, 2013

34 weeks

Only 4 weeks to go! We are hoping for healthy twins that make it to term. Unless I go into labor on my own earlier, my doctor will schedule an induction for sometime between 38-39 weeks. I have Lamaze class this weekend- due to a scheduling mix up Justin has to work, so my mom will go with me. The instructor left a message today and the class sounds like quite the production- I need to bring lotion, 2 pillows, and wear comfy clothes. I'm starting to plan my outfit... I think I'll probably just wear maternity jeans/leggings and a maternity top... I'm guessing I'll get weird looks if I wear heels, so I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and wear my ugg-type boots (even during pregnancy I maintain my stance that tennis shoes should only be worn in a few select situations... primarily for working out).

34 week belly measuring 44 weeks

How far along? 34 weeks

Total weight gain? I was actually down 2 pounds at my appointment today... which probably means I'll have a magical 4-5 pound gain at my next appointment. The nurse never announces my weight, so while we are weighting for the Dr. to come in, I give Justin the run down. When I told him that I was down 2 pounds his immediate response was "oh, well I better take you to Cherry Berry tonight"... do I have Husband of the Year material or what?

 Maternity clothes? Yup

 Stretch marks? Unfortunately yes, and I don't think I'll know the full extent of the damage until after the girls are here, as I was diagnosed with PUPPP (more on that later) so I think (hope) they look worse than they actually are.

Sleep? Still good! I'm glad that I'm able to fall back asleep easily.

 Miss anything? I still miss my wedding ring- especially with Lamaze coming up, my mom and I both look young for our age, so I might appear to be a little bit teen mom-ish.

Cravings? Any sort of baked good with milk... Justin is making brownies right now!
    
Aversions? Nope, although I would rather have snacks over real food.
       
Symptoms? PUPPP- which is an awesome belly rash that feels like poison ivy/chicken pox and doesn't go away until after delivery. My Dr. told me that it was in the beginning stages, so I'm a worried about what it might feel like in a few weeks. My doctor was really surprised that I had it, apparently PUPPP is pretty rare, and 70% of the cases are in women who are pregnant with boys. Oh well, I've been lucky to have a relatively complication free pregnancy and so far the itchiness is manageable- I just need to keep busy and use my benadryl cream.

1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    I had PUPP with my first baby too, and what helped me the most was Dandelion Root. My mom was able to find it in pill form at the health store in Fergus, and it helped SO MUCH! If your PUPP gets uncomfortable, it's worth a try!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete