Friday, January 4, 2013

33 weeks

Everything is continuing to go well with the girls... I'm hoping that they stay put for about 5 more weeks! I tell the girls to stay put every single day, so hopefully they listen! I had a MFM appointment last Friday, and the girls were weighing in at 4 lbs 2 ounces and 4 lbs 11 ounces. They should gain about one pound every 2 weeks, so if we make it to 38 weeks they could weigh around 7 lbs each. Last night I had a dream that the girls weighed 8 pounds each... maybe I have inherited Grandma Verna's ability to predict the future with dreams (she was right about the babies being girls) and it is a sign of things to come! Even if the girls decide to make an early entrance we should be in good shape- my MFM had me get steroid shots to speed up lung development as a precautionary measure.

I always think that belly progression pics are fun:

13 weeks... I think this will be a good shirt to hide the postpartum pudge

23 weeks
33 weeks

How far along? 33 weeks

Total weight gain? My total weight gain is about 47 pounds. The range for twins is 37-54 pounds, so unless I have some major water retention or completely binge on oreos I should come pretty close to sticking within the recommended range. I'm really not a resolutioner, but I like to make yearly goals- my goal for this year is to exercise 3 times per week after the girls are here and I'm cleared for exercise... Jillian Michaels, I am ready for you!  

 Maternity clothes? Yes... although some days I am able to pull off an outfit sans maternity clothes.

 Stretch marks? Just around my belly button... I don't think I'll be able to completely assess the damage until after the girls are here, but they don't look too horrific.

Sleep? Still good! I'm glad that I'm able to fall back asleep easily.

 Miss anything? My wedding ring! I could cram it on, but I'm afraid of it getting stuck so I've been going without. I don't think I'm swelling... I suppose with a nearly 50 pound weight gain your fingers are bound to get a little chubby too.

Cravings? Cookies and milk! Maybe along with my goal of exercising 3 times per week I should add in have only one treat per day :)
    
Aversions? Nope, although food still doesn't sound that great. Thankfully I have a husband that keeps me well-fed.
       
Symptoms? My belly itches! I'm susceptible to dry skin, and I've added about 20 inches to the ol' belly (which means it has nearly doubled in size) so I think my skin is just being reactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment