Tuesday, January 1, 2013

crafty christmas

Christmas this year was filled with all sorts of fun crafts and projects- I even had a little bit of craftiness of my own. It started when my mom sent home a pair of baby shoes that had been mine (they were a gift from Grandma Helen and apparently are the shoes that started the addiction. I thought it would be cute to put on the Christmas tree. My mom saw how cute they looked and hunted for another frilly pair of shoes so the girls could each have a pair.



My next craft project was these ornaments. One of my favorite bloggers had a post on diy Christmas ornaments. I realized that I had a bunch of clear ornaments that I bought in college (I have no idea what possessed me to by clear ornaments... they are super boring and kind of ugly) and had vase filler left over from our wedding, so I combined the two and am quite pleased with the result. It is amazing how you can repurpose something that was destined for the goodwill pile.



Now on to my mom's craft projects. She sent me these cute ruffled dish towels back in November:

I love this mobile. I was inspired by one on etsy, showed the picture to my mom, and this is what she came up with:
 I might be biased, but I think this mobile is even cuter than the one I saw on etsy. I love the colors and fabrics she chose.

Then I decided I needed a diaper caddy of some sort. Originally I was going to do a wicker basket and have my mom line it with some fun fabric, but the basket I had been looking at was out of stock. That ended up being a good thing, because a recent pinterest visit had me pining over a fabric basket.... I made sure my mom saw the item I pinned, and soon after this appeared:
 This basket will be super handy, I plan on keeping diapers, wipes, and lotions/other changing products. It will be nice to have everything within reach.

After threatening to steal the girls' chevron quilts for myself, my mom volunteered to make me a quilt of my very own. I am really pleased with how it turned out. 
 I absolutely adore matryoshka dolls- so the backing my mom found is perfect. 
 Finally, I received this super cute pillow case... I mentioned that I needed a colored pillow case for in the hospital so I could bring my own pillow and not worry about it getting mixed up with the hospital's stuff.

It has definitely been fun to mention little craft projects to my mom and having them materialize the next time I see her (hmm... I think I still need pacifier pods)

I forgot to take a picture of one of my most favorite Christmas crafts, so watch for the awesome dish towel I received from my cousin Amanda in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment