Tuesday, March 11, 2014

chambray

So I have been obsessed with getting a chambray shirt for months. I found a few contenders from jcrew, but they were on the pricey side and I've only bought a handful if clothes from there over the years, so I wasn't sure about sizing. 

My parents came up over the weekend and my mom and I decided to go on a quick shopping run. We decided to check out old navy (I don't shop there much because it isn't in the mall- when I load up the girls and take them out I like to have several stores at my disposal). Anyways, I spotted the polka dotted chambray beauty right away. It was love at first sight. I have been itching to wear it ever since my mom purchased it for me, but today was when I got to debut this beauty:


My other obsession is brightly colored skinnies. They pair beautifully with the chambray. And honestly, unless you are super fashion forward, don't pair chambray with denim (you veer towards that Canadian tuxedo territory... There may or may not be a photograph from the 90's of my entire family clad in denim. I may or may not have poufy bangs. The details escape me).

Next up on my purchase list is a mustard cardigan- mustard looks awesome with the chambray! The cardigan I have is elbow length, so it is a no go with this top but it gives me an idea for color.

Now that my clothing budget has been slashed by 2/3rds (the girls and I share... I'm not sure if I have ever formally agreed to this arrangement, but I digress) I have been planning out what items I really want to round out my closet. On my list:

1. The perfect pair of nude pumps (almond toe, 4 inch heel, a heel that isn't made out of wood, not patent. Remember my rule that shoes are to be completely flat or 4" plus? I still abide by that)
2. Skinny calf hair leopard belt (I can't stand leopard accessories that aren't calf hair)
3. Mustard cardigan
4. Striped skirt- mod cloth sold out of the one I wanted hours before I planned on purchasing it.
5. Bobeau wrap
6. Chevron top or dress
7. Chunky 3 strand pearl necklace
8. Plaid scarf. I would be in heaven if I could acquire a Burberry scarf. I think there is some sort of rule where husbands are supposed to spend $10 for each year you are old on milestone birthdays (you know, like the x number of months salary for the engagement ring) so perhaps there is hope.

I should have the opportunity to do a bit of shopping this weekend, so we will see if I can cross anything off my list. I think my first priority is the cardigan.

If you have stuck with my rambling for this long, congratulations. Your reward is this bit of adorableness:





No comments:

Post a Comment