Tuesday, June 24, 2014

6 month goal check-up

It has been about 6 months since I set goals for the new years. The girls have been rocking their goals. Mom? Not so much. We'll start with the progress the little ladies have made:


1. Ditch the middle of the night bottle- I'll mark this one as accomplished, although Justin gave Audrey some milk last night around 11. He was up for a snack, and she ended up waking as well. Other than this instance, it has been quite some time since they had a midnight snack. On occasion, someone will wake up around 5ish, but we'll give them some milk and put them back to bed for another hour or two of sleep.

2. Master using sippy cups- Yup! They can even drink out of a regular cup with supervision.

3. Sleep all the way through the night 6 out of 7 nights (because you know, the best goals are specific and measurable)- This goal has been achieved.

4. Get rid of the pacifier- The pacifier is gone 99% of the time. Audrey no longer receives it at nap or bedtime. They are all hidden away, although I keep an emergency pacifier in my purse. Last week, we were driving home from Cameron's birthday party and Audrey started screaming and carrying on about 15 minutes from home. I considered letting her cry, but asked myself what that would have accomplished. So she was given a pacifier and was calm the rest of the ride.

5. Learn how to walk (although Justin and I would not be sad if they waited until they were a year old before they crossed this milestone off the list... they move quick enough already!)- They don't just walk, they run now!

6. Say "mama" and "dada". The girls both say mama on a regular basis. I have heard dada a couple of times over the last few days, but they haven't managed to say it consistently yet.


Now for my goals...


1. Monitor time sucks- I think I've been doing pretty well with this one. I've deleted candy crush and ruzzle from my phone.


2. Continue to get rid of 10 items per day- I haven't been paying as close of attention to this one. I've been getting rid of clutter here and there, but it is time to hop back on the 10 items per day bandwagon.


3. Be judicious of items I bring into the home- I've been pretty selective over the clothes I've been purchasing, both for myself and the girls.


4. Establish a cleaning schedule- I don't have a formal schedule yet, but I have been pretty good about doing a 15 minute clean up the end of each day. It keeps our house above minimum community standards.


5. Keep on making freezer meals- We've kept up with this- we have made freezer meals for the grill and crock pot.


6. Exercise 5 days per week. This one needs the most improvement. I'm back to using my fitness pal- I think this will help me stay on track. I've also been more mindful of portions- do I need a whole vat of ice cream, or would a scoop be enough? Do I need to put oreos in my ice cream, or would strawberries do (hmm... strawberries and oreos... that sounds awesome).



No comments:

Post a Comment