Friday, April 11, 2014

outings

Getting out of the house is a key piece of maintaining your sanity when watching two active toddlers. Yesterday I had quite the outing planned- we were going to go to target, the library, and the grocery store.

I love going to target without Justin- I like to wander around and check out every nook and cranny of the store while he likes to get down to business and head towards the produce and paper products. Seriously, who needs a vacation when you can be at your local target in under 5 minutes? 

Audrey did not get the memo that target is our happy place. Claire was smiling and looking around the store, but Audrey started crying straight away. I dug through my purse to find receipts, a cosmetic bag, and mirror. I gave her those objects which held her attention for all of 30 seconds. I should have just called it a day and grabbed the 2 things I needed, but I was on a mission dangit. I decided to try let her walk- she helped me push the stroller. She was doing great until someone had the audacity to say hello to her. Bring on the tantrum. I still was not ready to give up my mission, so I strapped her back in the stroller and let her sniffle. 

Through her screams I was able to grab an awesome chandelier wall decal for $5. At that point I figured I scored at least one great deal and it was time to abort the mission.

We made it through target relatively unscathed and with more sympathetic looks than glares, so I decided to forge on and go to the library. I had a book on hold and knew I could get in an out in a minute if need be. Audrey was doing ok, but became upset when she realized she was not allowed to rip out the pages or chew on any of the books. 

I made my way to checkout where a sweet little boy commented on how Audrey was a sad baby.

I was met with protest when she was put into the car seat, but she perked up once the car started moving. We skipped the grocery store and she was a perfect angel baby once we got home. Apparently she just wanted to play with her barn.










No comments:

Post a Comment