Tuesday, April 22, 2014

tuesday shoesday: boat shoes

No, this isn't a post about sperrys (although they will be featured in a future post). This is the story about how my husband bought a boat and I got new shoes.

My cousin posted the most perfect wedges ever on facebook- she was on vacation (Seattle maybe?) and I decided that those shoes must.be.mine. It took a bit of google prowess (this was before I had texting, and I felt like a super creeper calling to ask the details on her shoes) but I found them. The only problem is that they were a bit on the pricey side.

dv by dolce vita Women's Jude Sandal
In case you really need these shoes and don't want to feel like a creeper, they are DV Jude. I believe they are sold out in stores, but you can find them on ebay.


I was determined to make them mine though. It was around the time of my birthday, but I think we had already planned on going to the mall to pick up a few things (they didn't sell these shoes locally). Then one day the stars aligned. Justin found the boat he wanted to buy (he had been researching boats for over a year, so its not like it was an impulse purchase) and called me at work. With the shoes in the back of my mind, I swiftly agreed that yes, this would be a good decision and that he should move ahead on the boat. I mean seriously, who can argue with a measly little pair of shoes when he just dropped 100 times more on something we can only use 4 months out of the year?

In hindsight, I probably should have went for the Louis Vuitton Alma bag I've been coveting since I was 19.



No comments:

Post a Comment