Tuesday, April 1, 2014

tuesday shoesday and arm candy

These are the boots that helped fuel my obsession with skinny jeans, leggings, and cognac. Quite an accomplishment for these $79 beauties I snagged in 2009ish. Ignore the fact that they need to be cleaned/polished- I wore them in the snow today and was too lazy to spiff them up for the picture.

Ignore the scratch in our flooring... it was a casualty of our basement finishing process. Darn 700 pound bathtub.

I actually bought these boots prior to even owning skinny jeans or leggings. It took me a while to start wearing them on a regular basis. They helped my foray into the world of skinny jeans though- at first I would only wear skinnies with these knee boots, but soon became brave enough to wear them with heels, flats, you name it. It was also with these boots that I realized that cognac pairs nicely with black- back in my formative years, I was taught that under no circumstances should you mix black and brown. Well, I am still not a fan of black and chocolate brown, but black looks great with cognac!

And now for the arm candy. I had been craving a la mer watch for the past few years, but they were a bit pricey, and I wasn't sure how often I would actually wear a watch. There was recently a line for Target, but I missed the boat on that. Well, over the weekend I went shopping at Clothes Mentor and picked this bad boy up for around $10 (it is from the Target line, but was still heavily discounted).


Note that it features one of my favorite colors, cognac. I am also obsessed with gold accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment