Tuesday, November 20, 2012

27 weeks

27 weeks down, only 10 or 11 to go! The past month has really flown by... I think December will go by quickly too.

Right now I look like I'm about 35 weeks pregnant. I'm sure my bump will reach epic proportions if I make it to my goal of 37 or 38 weeks! I have been getting more and more compliments about my size these days... I have to say, speculation from anyone besides my doctor about when I might go into labor isn't particularly helpful.Oh well, it gives me even more motivation to prove them wrong and make it to my goal date without any bed rest :)

How far along? 27 weeks

Total weight gain? I'm guessing somewhere between 1-3 pounds, but we'll find out for sure at my appointment on Monday. Apparently it is normal for weight gain to slow to about a pound per week in the 3rd trimester, so I wouldn't be sad if I only gained another 10-15 pounds.

 Maternity clothes? Still wearing a combination- in my picture today I was wearing a pre-pregnancy top (from Express, of course) and maternity pants.

 Stretch marks? Nope. I've heard some women have them pop up right around 39-40 weeks though, so who knows what will happen.   

Sleep? Pretty good- I'm in the final stretches of my cold, and have been waking up a few times with sore throat/coughing, but thankfully I've been able to get back to sleep quickly.

 Miss anything? Circuit class at the gym... I'm looking forward to starting that class again after the girls are here and I'm cleared for exercise.

Cravings? Butterfingers.
   
Aversions? Not really, I prefer the taste of candy to food (although that has nothing to do with pregnancy).
   
Symptoms? I've been mostly symptom free this week. I'm glad that I was in pretty good shape and worked out regularly/incorporated some weight training prior to pregnancy... my doctor said that it has probably helped me avoid a lot of discomforts. I think I'm lucky and have good "pregnancy genetics" when I asked both of my grandmas, they said that they really didn't experience any problems during pregnancy (although they are both in their nineties.... so maybe they have forgotten about some of the annoyances).

Most of you have already since this picture on Facebook, but it is too cute not to share. Here are the quilts that my mom made for the girls... I'm pretty obsessed with them!



2 comments:

  1. Just remember that your mother was overdue with both pregnancies so hopefully you inherited that gene and make it to your goal date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura! You look amazing! So excited for you guys! Keep up the great work mama!

    ReplyDelete