Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1 down, 1.75 to go

Week 14 marks the beginning of the second trimester. Since the twins will most likely come between 36-37 weeks, I am already more than a third of the way there. The second trimester was kicked off with the worst bout of morning sickness I've had to date. Thankfully it was no big deal, only about 45 seconds of being uncomfortable, and then I felt fine the rest of the day... I swear, sometimes the morning sickness kicks in just to remind me that I'm actually pregnant and need to take it easy. 

The bump continues to grow- I swear, it gets bigger each day! It is now noticeable to acquaintances... the instructor for the barre class I went to pre-pregnancy saw me at the gym over the weekend commented on the bump. I had a nice discussion with her and am excited to start taking the class again- I had been holding off, because the end of the class has a lot of ab work (which the Dr. told me to avoid) but the instructor told me to just skip that part of the class. Now that I actually have a visible belly, I won't feel silly skipping out on all of the crunches.

How far along? 14 weeks

Total weight gain? Another 2 pounds, bringing my total up to 11 pounds. Thankfully, all the weight seems to have gone to my belly (Friends and family if you have noticed otherwise, don't say anything. The polite thing to do is just smile and agree with me).

 Maternity clothes? Not yet- and pretty much all of my jeans are still buttoning, so I think it will be a bit longer until I need to move into maternity pants. Thank heavens for low rise jeans.

 Stretch marks? No... I read that there is a genetic component to stretch marks, and my mom made it through her pregnancies stretch mark free (and my brother and I were huge babies for her tiny frame) so I'm hopeful that I will have her luck.

Sleep? Still good.

Miss anything? My cute belly button. It is starting to change shape- it is still an innie, but is a bit shallower than it used to be.

Cravings? Pineapple, bagels, Pizza Luce
 
Aversions? Leftovers- I can eat them, I just can't handle dishing them up and heating them. Luckily Justin takes really good care of me and makes sure that I don't go hungry.
 

Symptoms? Aside from my quick run-in with morning sickness, I feel great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment