Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Strollerama

I've come to the conclusion that shopping for a double stroller is even more difficult than buying a new car. I don't think I'm that picky, but I have certain criteria that the stroller must meet:

1. Compatible with Chicco Keyfit Infant Car Seat and able to accommodate two car seats (a surprising number of double strollers only work with one car seat at a time)
2. Able to fit both infants and toddlers (our house is going to resemble a babies r us, the last thing I want is 3 different strollers taking up space).
3. Tandem instead of side by side (will be much easier to navigate the aisles at the grocery store Express and  Baby Gap.
4. Seats can be adjusted to be both forward-facing and rear-facing. 

See? I really don't think that I'm asking for too much (I haven't even touched on any of the really important stuff, like color). Unfortunately, I have only found one stroller that meets all of my criteria- it is an awesome stroller, but the price rivals that of my first car. Here it is, the Baby Jogger City Select.





Check out all of the configurations- the possibilities are almost endless! Since the babies will be born in the winter, we will skip the bassinets... but it is nice to have the option. This stroller also converts to a single, which would come in handy if we ever had an outing with just one of the twins.

I'm 99% sure this is the stroller we'll end up with, but will test drive it first just to be sure. It isn't sold in town, but we will be going to the cities soon and will check out a few baby boutiques. I've been researching and watching youtube videos like a madwoman, so I can't wait to see it in person- the stroller is the baby gear purchase that I am the most excited about.

I hope it handles as well as the Uppababy Vista- my friend has this stroller and it is amazing. A second seat can be purchased for the Vista, but it is only works with one car seat at a time... which rules it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment