Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Projects

Justin and I have a few projects to complete around the house to get ready for the babies... I love home improvement projects (probably because my dad is handy and has passed on some of his knowledge to Justin... and sometimes when the men are working my mom and I go shopping pick up supplies and refreshments for the workers).

On our to-do list are:

1. Pick out window treatments for the nursery. I think we'll wait on curtains until the big gender reveal. We did order and install blinds already, so we are halfway done!

2. Refinish dresser. I really want a two-tone dresser, similar to this one.

3. Paint nursery... I am pretty sure I want to paint the room grey, but will wait to make a final decision after the anatomy scan. Luckily Justin is a good painter, so this should be a pretty easy project.

4. Install shelving in the basement closets and (maybe) in the entry closet (I could use shelves for my shoes... but we'll see how long the other projects take). We'll need my dad's help for this one- I swear, he knows how to fix/build just about anything. (Unfortunately, the extent of my handy-man knowledge is being able to tell the difference between a phillips and flat head screw driver... and that is probably only because I was required to take Ag in 8th grade. We were quizzed on various tools... flash cards were involved). I'm so thankful that my dad is handy- we wouldn't have a finished basement without him! A fun fact about my dad is that he is a baby whisperer... there were many times when I was babysitting younger cousins and couldn't get them to settle down. I would pass the kiddos on to my dad and he could magically make the crying stop. The twins are lucky to have him as a grandpa- I'm definitely looking forward to when he comes to babysit... and maybe he'll teach me a baby whispering trick or two (let's just hope I pick up on that easier than the whole tool identification/construction thing). 

5. Test drive strollers... this counts as a project because it is a major decision! We'll be in the cities over the weekend and will have the chance to compare different options. I still am interested in the stroller I posted about earlier, but there may be more pocketbook-friendly strollers out there... so we are going to visit a store that has our top 3 contenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment