Wednesday, August 15, 2012

13 weeks

The babies have definitely growing (or maybe I've had a few to many chocolate malts, but we'll say it is the babies) my bump is noticeable. I haven't gotten any comments from strangers yet, but I don't think it will be too much longer.

My diaper bag also arrived last Friday- I love it! It looks kind of small in the picture, but it is actually quite large. I love that it looks like a purse- that way when we are out and about, I will only bring this bag versus lugging around an ugly diaper bag and my purse.

How far along? 13 weeks
Total weight gain? 2 pounds, bringing my total up to 9 pounds. I'm a bit ahead of pace for weight gain (my mom always said I was an overachiever...) but I'm not concerned. I switched from diet pop to regular in order to avoid artificial sweetener, but I think I'm going to try only have pop as an occasional treat and drink sparkling water instead. I love sparkling water, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I'm guessing that eliminating the empty calories from pop is all I need to do to make sure I stick within the recommended 1-1.5 pound weekly weight gain during the second trimester.
Maternity clothes? Not yet- I haven't even needed to use the Be Band this week.
 Stretch marks? No
Sleep? Still good- my mom hooked me up with an awesome body pillow (I named the pillow Fred) which makes it much easier to sleep through the night. Justin is not as impressed with Fred as I am, because I end up taking up more than my fair share of the bed. I tried to tell him that I should really get 75% of the bed now, as I am sleeping for 3... he didn't think that was a valid argument.
Miss anything? My cute red pants from Express (pictured in the week 4 post). Sadly, they no longer pass the full length mirror test.
Cravings? Buffalo wings, sparkling water, bagels, teddy grahams
Aversions? Most meat- especially pork chops.
Symptoms?Just reduced energy level.

No comments:

Post a Comment